U.S. stocks closed higher on Monday, with the Dow Jones gaining over 400 points. Here is the list of some big stocks recording gains in the previous session.
- Vaxcyte, Inc. PCVX shares surged 60.4% to close at $33.00 on Monday after the company announced positive topline results from the Phase 1/2 clinical proof-of-concept study evaluating the safety, tolerability and immunogenicity of VAX-24.
- Novonix Limited NVX climbed 22.1% to close at $7.57. NOVONIX was recently selected for $150 million grant from U.S. Department of Energy.
- Avis Budget Group, Inc. CAR gained 16.6% to close at $220.83 after analysts at JP Morgan upgraded their rating of the stock from Neutral to Overweight.
- Sutro Biopharma, Inc. STRO rose 14.7% to close at $6.47.
- Eve Holding, Inc. EVEX gained 11.9% to close at $10.95.
- Pear Therapeutics, Inc. PEAR surged 10.7% to close at $2.57. Pear Therapeutics announced publication of real-world data showing high rates of engagement, retention and abstinence with reset.
- Scholastic Corporation SCHL shares gained 10.4% to close at $37.13 after the company announced an up to $75 million buyback through a modified “Dutch Auction” tender offer.
- Marathon Digital Holdings, Inc. MARA gained 10.3% to close at $12.90.
- Covenant Logistics Group, Inc. CVLG climbed 9.4% to close at $36.86. Stephens & Co. maintained Covenant Logistics with an Equal-Weight and raised the price target from $35 to $40.
- Myovant Sciences Ltd. MYOV shares rose 9.2% to close at $26.79 after the company agreed to be acquired by Japanese pharmaceutical company Sumitomo Pharma’s unit Sumitovant Biopharma in a $1.7 billion deal.
- Pearson plc PSO rose 8.9% to close at $10.85.
- Novavax, Inc. NVAX gained 7.6% to close at $20.81.
- Snap Inc. SNAP surged 7.1% to close at $8.31, potentially rebounding following recent weakness after the company reported Q3 financial results.
- American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. AXL gained 7.1% to close at $8.55.
- HCA Healthcare, Inc. HCA gained 7% to close at $210.36 after multiple analysts maintained bullish ratings on the stock following the company’s Q3 financial results.
- Spotify Technology S.A. SPOT surged 6.7% to close at $94.66.
Image and article originally from www.benzinga.com. Read the original article here.